Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer update & more nail fun

I have been really busy lately so I haven't been keeping up with the blog. I have been studying a bunch and I actually made it to the beach on Monday! I was hoping I would find a day to go to the beach and Monday was perfect. The weather was beautiful and the water was pretty warm. My back got a bit burned but the rest of me is finally tan!!
Anyway, since my only followers are nail bloggers:

These are the nails I wore for my friend Carly's 21st birthday. I wore a purple, black and silver sequin dress so these nails matched very well.  I used Revlon - Violet and Revlon - Budding Chrome  BM209 and BM208. Sorry my camera sucks. There really isn't anything I can do about that. It looked like floral lace.

 These are my friend Deanna's nails. She loved my nails so I told her to come over and I'll do hers. This is the first time I painted anyone's nails other then my own and I think it came out well. I used Revlon - Electric and Sally Hanson - Black Out and m57
 These nails were inspired by this awesome 1.4 million dollar dress that I found while browsing the internet http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/peacock-feather-wedding-dress.jpg I went to six flags yesterday and got a bunch of complements on them by ladies on the line.  I used 3 coats of Sally Hanson - Hi-Def as the base and Revlon - Espresso as the stamping color with BM212 and then the dots were with Revlon - Ocean Breeze  I used a dull pencil to apply the dots since I don't have any tools.

This has been the hardest stamp to work with so far because it didn't pick up onto the stamp most of the time and I had to clean the plate between each nail. I think it's just not as deep and the other designs.

Even though it was a bit messy I got a million complements and some girl even thought they were nail stickers.
Well I guess it's time to get back to studying. Story of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment