Tuesday, August 2, 2011

SHARK WEEK!

I want to start off by apologizing for the lack of posts. I took my MCAT on Friday morning and I was planning on posting when I got home but I had to go out and enjoy my summer :). I have 3 weeks until I go back to school and I get to spend them NOT STUDYING! I've already gone to a party, gone to the city, read most of an amazing book (Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua). I have done my nails a bunch over the past week or so but I haven't been posting them so I'll have to get to them eventually.

Yesterday marked the official beginning of shark week! For those of you who are unfamiliar, shark week is when Nat Geo Wild (I think that's the channels name) has a week long marathon of shark shows. I just watched a cool one where they gave a shark an MRI, my favorite has to be the ones when they try to film sharks jumping in the air to catch a seal. Anyway, I decided to do my first fully free-handed nail art. They aren't amazing but I can only get better from here. Plus my nail brushes still haven't come in the mail yet so I had to use a toothpick. I did buy a brush in China Town today for $1 though so I now have one.


Without further ado,

 The thumb is a hammer head shark :D and I got super lazy when I got to the pinky haha
 Later in life I will hopefully look back at these nails and say to myself "wow I've gotten much better since then" : )

Hopefully I'll post some more tomorrow because I'm leaving for vacation on Wednesday morning and I won't be back until late Saturday Night. Maybe I'll figure out how to schedule posts or something.

2 comments:

  1. I'm watching a shark show right now! lol.

    I saw one where my city (pensacola) had gotten like three shark attacks in one week (and we never get attacks!) pretty weird.

    anyways, lol. I like the shark on your thumb! Looks just like a shadow under the water. I like them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this nail art!!

    Thanks that you became a follower from my blog!

    xxx


    http://www.nailartbyiris.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete